11.2.13

A Week in Retrospect

It has been a full week since I've blogged. Totally by accident. I feel like last week just washed over me. Honestly, I'm not even sure I can remember anything that happened in the last 7 days. But i shall try!!

P.s. I can't promise any of this will be in the correct order, but I'm quite sure that won't matter to any of you. At least it better not.


Last week I found that I will get to graduate from OCCC with my associates a semester early! Such an exciting feeling. My two advisors, (yes I have two, I simply could not decide between Journalism and PR, so my sweet advisors at the community college let me share them), sat down with me and my pages of transcripts and educational plans, highlighters, and worked some magic. A couple of course substitutions and black magic, and I get to graduate! Yay! Time to apply to Oklahoma City University and start my Bachelor's program in the Fall.



Let's see, what comes next.....




Tickets! OH YES, tickets! On September 6th and 7th I will be camping out in Guthrie and enjoying an incredible weekend of music with my ladies Abbie and Sara, our friend Jason, and my main squeeze Justin...along with a crowd of people who will include many of my other friends, and many people who I'm sure will become my friends. 

These are a few of the bands that will be providing us with quite possibly the most epic music experience to ever be invented. 


I'm sure there were other mention-worthy things that happened last week, but like i said, I can't remember. So I'm just gonna jump to the weekend.



Friday-Sunday I spent the weekend in Austin, celebrating the soon-to-be Mrs. Gruenwald. It was the typical bachelorette party weekend with all the important B's- Babes, Booze, and Beads (Mardigras weekend). EXCEPT, "typical" sounds like I'm taking the excitement out of it. Not at all the case. We had such a blast, and I got to spend time with all of my favorite Stillwater girls. 




Side Note: Austin's van cabs rock. None of them have center seat rows, just psychedelic rugs to sprawl out on. Yes please.

These girls all started out 6 years ago as Justin's friends. But as it always seems to happen, my friends have become his and, likewise, his have become mine. I love these girls. After everyone graduated from OSU, people moved away and went their separate ways as it usually happens post-college. But it seems at least twice a year someone from this group gets married, which inevitably means we will get together and celebrate with the B's. Love it. Soon we will run out of people to get married and we'll have to find some other reason to get together and celebrate. But until then, bring on the Bachelorettes!


So that's my week. And today starts a new one. I will try to be more "with it" this week so I won't have to reach back into my scattered brain to recap at the end. 

I wish you all a RAD Monday! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please post away! In the drop down menu, choose what type of email or blog account you have to log in. OR you may post as anonymous.


Thanks for stopping by!