8.6.13

How is it already Friday?

Let me just start by saying this week rocked. I got to really slack in some parts of my life (*ahem, work and writing), which allowed me to be really productive in other parts- housework and videography. I know it sounds backward, who wants to be slow at your job (which means losing money) and spend your spare time doing laundry? THIS girl!

For the first time in a VERY long time I had openings this week. On top of that several people had to reschedule, which meant even more available time! Whoopa! That translates to eating lunch- EVERY SINGLE DAY, (which never happens because I'm awful at planning ahead and rarely have a break to grab anything), running errands during breaks, and going home to let out the pups and switch out laundry. So in summary, I may be completely broke after this week, but I'm so happy for the sanity that comes with feeling productive.

I am completely shocked by how much I enjoyed doing housework this week. My last count on laundry was 8 loads, (I guess you could say we were a little behind...also we have too many clothes). After getting caught up on laundry I started one of my favorite projects of the year- cleaning out my closet. Every year at the beginning of the summer I pack up all my sweaters and send them to the attic, making room to move in all the summer clothes that had gone into hiding. Usually during this process I wind up with a rubbermaid tub full of clothes that either don't fit or have become covered in hair color and bleach. This year was no exception. (I should've known by the amount of dirty laundry we had collected). My closet is set for the season, organized by type, and replenished with new items to replace the ones in the discard tub.

On top of all of the housework I got done, I also finished editing the highlight video from the Pettigrews' wedding on Saturday. As soon as the happy couple gets back from their honeymoon and are able to watch it, I'll post the video for everyone to see! Even though I loved reviewing the footage, and had a fun time editing, it took up pretty much all of my computer time, and I didn't get any writing done all week (as you may have noticed by my lack of blog entries). For my next event's shoot, I'm going to have to designate times each day for editing. I'm sure J would appreciate not being woken up at 2 am by the light of my laptop and the same 5 seconds of video playing over, and over, and over again. 

After my pseudo-productive week, I'm excited for the events that will follow this weekend. Tomorrow is Kelsey's going away party. Dinner at Picasso Cafe, one of my faves, followed by a night of dancing and confetti at Groovys. Ohhh I cannot wait for Groovys and the weeks of finding confetti around my house that will indefinitely come after. 

SUNDAY, I have been looking forward to for a MONTH! My cast-mates from Listen To Your Mother are finally getting back together for the evening. A cookout in Ms. Carolyn's backyard, then on to Norman for the Summer Breeze Concert Series, this week's show is John Fullbright. I have really been looking forward to this day since the afternoon I last left these women. I'm honestly in awe of how much I miss them seeing as 2 months ago they were relatively strangers to me. 

The only thing I'm really dreading is the end of the weekend, Monday. I realize that's not weekend to most of you, but I am a hairdresser. Mondays are my Sunday. On Monday I have to take Phyllis to the vet. Phyllis is the wild child of my fur babies. You could say that she lives life to the fullest. You could also say that she is bat shit crazy. Both would be the truth. She either fell from a great height (would not be the first time), or has gotten into a bar fight...in which she probably started. Honestly, I wouldn't even try to narrow down the options of what Phyllis has gotten into. The summary of this story is that she is pretty scraped up and is now wrapped in bandages. Although she doesn't seem to be in any pain, she keeps throwing herself to the ground and holding her bandaged legs up in the air as if she is trying to generate some amount of sympathy. Bat shit crazy that one is...

All in all, I'm counting on it to be a pretty great weekend!

1 comment:

I love comments, so please post away! In the drop down menu, choose what type of email or blog account you have to log in. OR you may post as anonymous.


Thanks for stopping by!